Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water Stain on beige wall o wall carpet.......

Was geting ready to run the Bissell Pro Heat Sampooer over a beige wall
to wall in a downstairs bedroom.

I managed to drop a full water tank on to the rug. Clean, hot water,
getting
loaded into the shampooer. Whn it hit the rug, the tank split and the
clean water
resevoir leaked out all over about a 2 1/2 - 3 foot circle on the rug.

Trust me, if its possible to be a klutz, I can do it.

Anyway, about a gallon of hot water is on rug. Used the shop vac get up
a much
as I could. Could not use the shampooer to suck up the clean water as
the tank
into which the machine puts suked up water was broken.

Note, no cleaning solution spilled, no irty wate spilled.

After the rug finally dried, I have a water stain on the rug, a circle
where the
water spilled. About 2 1/2 - 3 foot diameter.

Any ideas about how to get the water stain out? Its real noticeable,
especially around the edges of the circle.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:13:01 -0700, jJim McLaughlin
wrote:

Note, no cleaning solution spilled, no irty wate spilled.

Not familiar with your carpet or cleaning methods. Get the water out
as soon as one can or even pull the carpet back. A fan will help dry
the carpet. Don't use a soap on carpet for the water ring. Try a light
solution of white vinegar and water (test area). A bristled [sp] brush
will help the scrubbing. vacuum out the solution.

--
Oren

"I don't mind coming to work, but that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch!"