Dan

Default Repairing wall to wall carpet

I am planning to sell my home. To that end, I have done a lot of work
on the house, including new carpet. For a number of reasons, I had to
live in the house several months after the new carpet was installed, and
as a result there are several obvious indentations in the pile, one from
where a lazy boy chair has sat right in the middle of the living room.
House is not yet on the market, and when it is it will be empty, so the
chair etc will not be there to "hide" the damage. I have tried
"combing" the pile back up, sucking it with the shop vac, etc,
unfortunately I think the pad is permanently dented in these areas. I
have an unused section of the carpet left over from the installation. I
am wondering if a GOOD carpet guy could come in (GOOD, as opposed the
moron who did this install & actually CARPETED OVER the keyhole for the
fireplace gas jets), cut out the depressed section (about 3' square)
replace the pad & sew in a new piece from the left over material so the
repair would be more or less invisible. Anyone have any idea? Because
the area is so prominent, it really looks like crap & pretty much
un-does the "new carpet" look.

TIA

Dan
Marcus

Hi,

If the carpet is manmade fibre (not wool) then place an ice cube on each
indentation and let it melt in.

(I know it sounds a bit mad but it does really work!!!.)

--
Marcus

I like people, they are bio-degradable !.

Joseph Meehan

Dan wrote:
[...]

A little steam seems to do the job.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

blueman

A little steam seems to do the job.

--

One poster says ice cube, second poster says steam.
What about "mixing" the two and just using water?

Deck Set on Retaining Wall jacktripper Home Repair 6 July 22nd 04 06:22 PM
Deck Set on Retaining Wall jacktripper Home Ownership 5 July 22nd 04 06:22 PM
plastering Jon W UK diy 12 March 8th 04 11:13 PM
HELP: vertical foundation crack in new construction Zhixin Tang Home Ownership 25 October 26th 03 01:53 PM
Retaining Wall in front of another Retaining Wall MCL Home Repair 0 July 11th 03 03:48 PM