Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Terror Eyes" Producxt For Keeping Wodpeckers Away ?

Hello:

For a woodpecker pecking on Cedar wood siding problem:

Anyone use the "Terror Eyes" balloon (with the holographic eyes) product ?

Any luck with ?

Any other suggestions on how to keep them away would be MOST appreciated.
Live in New England.

Thanks,
B.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 07:11:13 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hello:

For a woodpecker pecking on Cedar wood siding problem:

Anyone use the "Terror Eyes" balloon (with the holographic eyes) product ?

Any luck with ?

Any other suggestions on how to keep them away would be MOST appreciated.
Live in New England.

Thanks,
B.

I too have cedar siding (NE Ohio) and get many downy woodpeckers
trying to build nests in the siding.

I got some of that bright orange marking tape (like crime scene tape
but bright orange..they sell it at lowes and HD. It's just fabric or
vinyl or something; no adhesive) I took two pieces about 4 feet long,
doubled em up, and stapled them high up on the siding to make
streamers. I put two of these on their favorite side, and one on the
other sides. The slightest breeze makes them dance around.

I've been through two nesting seasons now, and although I occasionally
still hear a little drumming, I've not had any nest holes made since.

Very cheap to try. A little tacky looking perhaps, but hey, I live in
the woods.

HTH,

Paul F.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hello:

For a woodpecker pecking on Cedar wood siding problem:

Anyone use the "Terror Eyes" balloon (with the holographic eyes) product ?

Any luck with ?

Any other suggestions on how to keep them away would be MOST appreciated.
Live in New England.

Thanks,
B.

Get a cat who eats birds. Works just great!