Posted to alt.home.repair
rb rb is offline

Default help needed on through bulkhead fitting

Got an el cheapo weed sprayer with plastic tank. The cheesy hose to the
wand they put on it has cracked.

I'd like to put a new, longer hose on it.

Problem being that they have a plastic collar fitting that screws down on a
nipple on the tank, and the nipple has some kind of non-standard thread.
I'm thinking of abandoning it and putting in a new arrangement.

So, what commonly available part or parts are there that I can use to put
through a new hole drilled in the top of the tank that will enable me to
hook a hose up to it?

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

rb wrote:
Got an el cheapo weed sprayer with plastic tank. The cheesy hose to the
wand they put on it has cracked.

I'd like to put a new, longer hose on it.

Problem being that they have a plastic collar fitting that screws down on a
nipple on the tank, and the nipple has some kind of non-standard thread.
I'm thinking of abandoning it and putting in a new arrangement.

So, what commonly available part or parts are there that I can use to put
through a new hole drilled in the top of the tank that will enable me to
hook a hose up to it?

http://www.eldonjames.com/html/SpecialtyConn.html

(Google is your friend... )

Any decent local hardware should have hand sprayer parts--if not, a
respectable nursery/garden supply.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

"rb" wrote in message
.. .
Got an el cheapo weed sprayer with plastic tank. The cheesy hose
to the wand they put on it has cracked.

I'd like to put a new, longer hose on it.

Problem being that they have a plastic collar fitting that screws
down on a nipple on the tank, and the nipple has some kind of
non-standard thread. I'm thinking of abandoning it and putting in
a new arrangement.

So, what commonly available part or parts are there that I can use
to put through a new hole drilled in the top of the tank that will
enable me to hook a hose up to it?

How about just a common hose clamp that you can buy at any hardware
or automotive store?
Bob-tx