Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leveling a Mobile Home

"Mike Dobony" wrote in message
Okay, the mobile home NG is so dead and no answer there so here goes here.

I have a single wide trailer that is noticeably unlevel, low on one side
at
one end, about 1/2 way down the length. I don't see why I can't level it
myself about 1/2" -1" at a time. How big of a bottle jack would I need
life one pillar (one support) at a time and put some shims in until it is
level, 30
ton, 50 ton? Thanks.

Mike D.

Try this:

Use at least six five ton jacks at a time. Have sufficient cribbing (4x4's
and 2 x 4's and shims, or concrete pillars and shims) available so that when
you DO get it to the right height, you can put in the cribbing on those six
points, and not lose what ya got. Then release the jacks, reposition, and
repeat. If you're using just the screw up jacks common to "manufactured
homes", that's okay, too.

What you don't want to do is jack this end up, get it right, then jack the
other end up, and find out that it kicks this end out of kilter, culminating
in a day of running circles and consuming large quantities of beer.

I'd use at least four jack points, four jacks, and a plan.

Steve