Posted to alt.home.repair

Default painting an outside table

my in-laws gave us a huge picnic table. The structure is sound, but it
needs painted.
What type of paint should I use that would hold up to the weather AND my
kids?
Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:29:58 +0000, Knit Chic wrote:

my in-laws gave us a huge picnic table. The structure is sound, but it
needs painted.
What type of paint should I use that would hold up to the weather AND my
kids?
Thanks,

Any kind will do, but preferably one with a high lead content.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Knit Chic wrote:
my in-laws gave us a huge picnic table. The structure is sound, but it
needs painted.
What type of paint should I use that would hold up to the weather AND my
kids?
Thanks,

Since it will (probably) sit outside in the weather, treat it just as
you would a deck and use products touted for decks. The exception
would be Thompson's waterseal, not known for it's usefulness or
longevity. If there are structural wood parts in contact with the
ground which are not already treated, give those members a coat of
Cuprinol to discourage the bugs and rot. HTH

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:29:58 GMT, "Knit Chic"
wrote:

my in-laws gave us a huge picnic table. The structure is sound, but it
needs painted.
What type of paint should I use that would hold up to the weather AND my
kids?
Thanks,

Cabots Decking stain. Comes in several colors. It won't peel.