Posted to alt.home.repair

Default painting around door trim - inside painting

When you have to paint around trim on interior doors, and especially in
tight corners where the wall is all but hidden behind the trim - do you
remove the trim before painting or just get in there and paint around the
trim, maybe tape it off or something if its real tight?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Eigenvector" wrote in
:

When you have to paint around trim on interior doors, and especially
in tight corners where the wall is all but hidden behind the trim - do
you remove the trim before painting or just get in there and paint
around the trim, maybe tape it off or something if its real tight?

do you remove the trim before painting

No, that's redicarus.

Get a high quality angled 2" sash brush for latex (assume) - Purdy/Wooster.
About $10. Last forever if you take care of it. You'll learn to use it and
do magic eventually.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Al Bundy spake thus:

"Eigenvector" wrote in
:

When you have to paint around trim on interior doors, and especially
in tight corners where the wall is all but hidden behind the trim - do
you remove the trim before painting or just get in there and paint
around the trim, maybe tape it off or something if its real tight?

do you remove the trim before painting

No, that's redicarus.

Or as Walt Kelly used to have his characters say, "redickledockle".

Get a high quality angled 2" sash brush for latex (assume) - Purdy/Wooster.
About $10. Last forever if you take care of it. You'll learn to use it and
do magic eventually.

Hey, Al, you ever tried those Yurpeen-style paintbrushes? Someone I know
has a couple: they're round affairs, like a big shaving brush, and taper
to a point. Supposedly, they're just perfect for doing any kind of
finish work, cutting in trim, etc.

I agree, Purdy brushes rule. I've got one I've had for more than 25
years now (bristle for oil & varhish).

--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

- motto of the Church of Euthanasia (http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Eigenvector wrote:

When you have to paint around trim on interior doors, and especially in
tight corners where the wall is all but hidden behind the trim - do you
remove the trim before painting or just get in there and paint around the
trim, maybe tape it off or something if its real tight?

When it is in a corner, protect the wall with a length of aluminum foil
or plastic taped along the edge of the door trim. Smoosh some paint
onto the side of the trim with a small foam roller with the excess paint
squeezed out. Continue on along the face of the trim with brush to
smoothe out the excess.
Posted to alt.home.repair

David Nebenzahl wrote in
s.com:

Al Bundy spake thus:

"Eigenvector" wrote in
:

[...]

Never heard of it. If I had seen it I probably would have thought it was
for that fux stuff or something else la-de-da. Anyway, since I'm in the
U.S., I guess it wouldn't work here. You know, like all those chemical
products that cause cancer in Calif. Glad I can safely use them in this
state :-)

I agree, Purdy brushes rule. I've got one I've had for more than 25...

That's good news. My 3 are is only 16. Still got another decade on them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I only switched to purdy after I started on my second house, how I
regret not using them on my first.

Empresser #124457

The best Games

Al Bundy wrote: