Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What kind of bracket is this?

I want something like this:

http://www.boundvortex.com/images/bracket.png

What should I Google on? (Bracket pulls up trillions of dissimilar
items.)

Thank you.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 21:26:24 -0700, Greg Esres
wrote:

I want something like this:

http://www.boundvortex.com/images/bracket.png

What should I Google on? (Bracket pulls up trillions of dissimilar
items.)

Thank you.

Angle bracket gets the angle part, but I'm not sure how to get the
long part.

I've looked at the first 4 pages of images at images.google.com and
didn't find long.

Angle iron is heavier and doesn't usually have holes.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DN
This one is close, but unfortunately it's a make-to-order shop.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 2, 9:26 pm, Greg Esres wrote:
I want something like this:

http://www.boundvortex.com/images/bracket.png

What should I Google on? (Bracket pulls up trillions of dissimilar
items.)

Thank you.

what is it going to be used for.. looks like a angle piece of a swamp
cooler.. but it could be for lots of different uses..
so to find it would be easier if I knew what it is for

Posted to alt.home.repair

Greg Esres wrote:
I want something like this:

http://www.boundvortex.com/images/bracket.png

What should I Google on? (Bracket pulls up trillions of dissimilar
items.)

Thank you.

It isn't a bracket, it is a strip ) I did a quick google search on
"perforated strip galvanized" and got hits that are close....two brand
names I found are "FlexAngle" and "Flex Angle".

http://www.hynesind.com/flex.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

home depot or lowes has similar pieces.

Posted to alt.home.repair

classicrock86 wrote:

what is it going to be used for.

To attach a piece of wood to masonry. The stretched holes are to
allow some adjustment of the bracket with respect to the wooden frame
to get closer to the masonry.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Norminn wrote:

two brand names I found are "FlexAngle" and "Flex Angle".

I shot them an email with the image.

Thank you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 2, 11:26 pm, Greg Esres wrote:
I want something like this:

http://www.boundvortex.com/images/bracket.png

What should I Google on? (Bracket pulls up trillions of dissimilar
items.)

Thank you.

Looks a lot like Dexion slotted angle iron. They've got a web page at
http://www.dexion.com/products/kits/dexion_slotted.asp

HTH,
Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 3, 10:56 am, Mark Sparge wrote:
On Jul 2, 11:26 pm, Greg Esres wrote:

I want something like this:

http://www.boundvortex.com/images/bracket.png

What should I Google on? (Bracket pulls up trillions of dissimilar
items.)

Thank you.

Looks a lot like Dexion slotted angle iron. They've got a web page at
http://www.dexion.com/products/kits/dexion_slotted.asp

HTH,
Mark

I want a cutter like the one shown at that site!

Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote:

Angle iron is heavier and doesn't usually have holes.

I'm thinking I might just be able to make these from hole-less angle
iron. The round holes are easy to make, but how to make the slotted
holes?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Greg Esres wrote:
mm wrote:

Angle iron is heavier and doesn't usually have holes.

Heavier than what? And, one can get angle of quite light section...

I'm thinking I might just be able to make these from hole-less angle
iron. The round holes are easy to make, but how to make the slotted
holes?

Two (or more) holes connected w/ saw/file is the "traditional" way. If
you have a press, it's simpler. A small grinder can work or, depending
on the length of slot desired a small diameter cutoff wheel. Where's
there's a will, there's a way...

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

mm wrote:
On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 10:39:33 -0700, Greg Esres

...how to make the slotted holes?

...need a drill bit that is wider on one diameter than the other.

That would be a mill...

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

mm wrote:

Angle iron is heavier and doesn't usually have holes.

I'm thinking I might just be able to make these from hole-less angle
iron. The round holes are easy to make, but how to make the slotted
holes?

You just need a drill bit that is wider on one diameter than the
other.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

longshot wrote:

home depot or lowes has similar pieces.

I found some pieces that might work at Lowes. No real slotted holes,
but a few pieces have two holes right next to each other; it'd
probably be easy enough the remove the material between them.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 21:55:47 -0700, Greg Esres
wrote:

longshot wrote:

home depot or lowes has similar pieces.

I found some pieces that might work at Lowes. No real slotted holes,
but a few pieces have two holes right next to each other; it'd
probably be easy enough the remove the material between them.

Why do your holes have to be slotted, btw.

They do that mostly so that it will fit holes that are already there.
Do you have holes that are already there?

Thanks