Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whirlpool Range

I have a Whirlpool range that I need to replace the wires and connectors
that operate the burners. They have gotten cracks etc. from the heat and are
no longer reliable. The stove is great otherwise and I don't want to replace
the whole thing. Anyone have a reliable site I can go to for schematics and
also order the parts?

Thanks in advance...

Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.partselect.com/Whirlpool-Range-Parts.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 20:29:44 GMT, "Mark Corbelli"
wrote:

I have a Whirlpool range that I need to replace the wires and connectors
that operate the burners. They have gotten cracks etc. from the heat and are
no longer reliable. The stove is great otherwise and I don't want to replace
the whole thing. Anyone have a reliable site I can go to for schematics and
also order the parts?

If somehow the url given you doesn't have what you want, I would just
take out one of the burners, and probably its wires (noting how they
are connected to the switch), and take the stuff with you and go to an
appliance parts store, and tell them it's a wyhitlpool. They'll
either have a whirlpool set or "universal" set, probably with
connectors attached to wires.

Make sure the connector included sticks well to your burner. Around
here there is an appliance repair store that sells parts, but I don't
think there selection is anywhere near as big as the real appliance
parts store, that has lots of shelves full of stuff and lots of
catalogs in addtion.

AFA the schematic goes, it's just 4 times one burner and that one is
pretty simple. Even if you have a schematic, you really should pay
more attention to how it is wired now. Even though they are the same,
the routing of the wires won't be shown on the schematic.

Thanks in advance...

Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 2, 2:29 pm, "Mark Corbelli" wrote:
I have a Whirlpool range that I need to replace the wires and connectors
that operate the burners. They have gotten cracks etc. from the heat and are
no longer reliable. The stove is great otherwise and I don't want to replace
the whole thing. Anyone have a reliable site I can go to for schematics and
also order the parts?

Tried Lowes or Home Depot? Or perhaps a local appliance repair shop.
Most US brand stoves are fairly standard affairs. I've had good luck
finding heating elements, connectors, switches, etc. in the appliance
section of a well-stocked hardware store.

Harry

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

I have a Whirlpool range that I need to replace the wires and connectors
that operate the burners. They have gotten cracks etc. from the heat and are
no longer reliable. The stove is great otherwise and I don't want to replace
the whole thing. Anyone have a reliable site I can go to for schematics and
also order the parts?

Thanks in advance...

Mark

BTW, my alleged friend went to the appliance parts store and bought
wire for his oven a year ago. Came in its own vinyl bag it did. No
ends on it even and couldn't tell that it was designed for high temps,
but I"m sure it was.

If you're in Baltimore, I'll find out the store's name.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks guys. The web site provided by you couldn't help me but theu gave me
a whirlpool toll free number to call which led to a referral to an
authorized parts dealer here in Richmond. They had all the parts I needed in
little kits for $8 and no shipping.

Kenmore/Whirlpool Gas Range Error Message Ray Home Repair 0 June 5th 07 02:39 PM
Whirlpool Range jrmfzf Home Repair 1 March 6th 06 03:43 PM
Whirlpool Range jrmfzf Home Repair 9 December 25th 05 07:58 PM
Whirlpool drop in range clock question Frank Boettcher Home Repair 1 August 1st 05 03:48 PM
Need help with Whirlpool Gas Range - oven won't light Hacksaw Home Repair 4 January 2nd 04 09:54 PM