Posted to alt.home.repair
jrmfzf

Default Whirlpool Range

I posted a few months ago about my Whirlpool RS675PXG electric range
not working. After a little investigating and a lot of help from this
group
(http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...bbef6869dfa21a)
I narrowed the problem down to the thermostate fuse on the back of the
oven, which was an easy fix. Now, about 2-1/2 months later the problem
is happening again. I haven't had a chance to test anything yet (I've
just been told by the renter that it's the same problem), but I'm
thinking it will probably be the same thing. My question now is, why
does this part keep failing? I've read on another forum that problems
with the thermostate fuse can point to bigger problems, but what and
how do I fix them? Another thing, both times that this problem occured
the oven sat around for quite a while (1-2months) without being used.
I don't know if this inactiviety could play a role but I thought I'd
mention it. Thanks in advance.

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

best to look at:
http://fixitnow.com

spillage under a slide-in range - preventing? Steve Henderson Home Repair 2 January 9th 06 10:09 PM
Whirlpool Range jrmfzf Home Repair 9 December 25th 05 07:58 PM
Whirlpool drop in range clock question Frank Boettcher Home Repair 1 August 1st 05 03:48 PM
For peer review, new FAQ section: Power Tools. Draft 2 John Rumm UK diy 55 March 13th 05 01:27 AM
Need help with Whirlpool Gas Range - oven won't light Hacksaw Home Repair 4 January 2nd 04 09:54 PM