Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kitchen Aid Washing Machine Agitator doesn't move - need help!

Hi,
My top loading kitchen aid washing machine is probably 5 -8 years old,
don't know for sure, it came with the house. I think an overly large
and tangled load of clothes broke the machine. The agitator doesn't
spin anymore and the entire chamber doesn't spin for drying. I hear
the motor going but it doesn't sound right. The cycles advance fine
and the water fills and empties. My guess is that the gears broke.
How do I confirm the problem and where can I order parts? Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi meat
I've opened it up and unfortunately there are no apparent belts nor do
I see any moving disks, they might be inside an enclosure. Anyone
familiar with Kitchen aid layout? Anyone know where to get parts for
Kitchen aid?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 1, 2:13 pm, wrote:
Hi,
My top loading kitchen aid washing machine is probably 5 -8 years old,
don't know for sure, it came with the house. I think an overly large
and tangled load of clothes broke the machine. The agitator doesn't
spin anymore and the entire chamber doesn't spin for drying. I hear
the motor going but it doesn't sound right. The cycles advance fine
and the water fills and empties. My guess is that the gears broke.
How do I confirm the problem and where can I order parts? Thanks.

see:
http://applianceguru.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi meat
I've opened it up and unfortunately there are no apparent belts nor do
I see any moving disks, they might be inside an enclosure. Anyone
familiar with Kitchen aid layout? Anyone know where to get parts for
Kitchen aid?

That's a direct drive machine ala Whirlpool. There is a connector between
the motor shaft and the transmission shaft that is designed to shear if
something binds up the agitator or drum to prevent motor or transmission
damage. There are two thumb clamps that you pop off to remove the water
pump. Then remove four more thumb clamps to release the motor (also unplug
the motor electrical connector). Should be able to pull motor off and see
the connector. The part is a standard Whirlpool part and should be
available at any parts house or small appliance repair shop.

Tom G