Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Sir.M.Messervy@gmail.com is offline

Default Kitchen Aid Washing Machine Agitator doesn't move - need help!

Hi,
My top loading kitchen aid washing machine is probably 5 -8 years old,
don't know for sure, it came with the house. I think an overly large
and tangled load of clothes broke the machine. The agitator doesn't
spin anymore and the entire chamber doesn't spin for drying. I hear
the motor going but it doesn't sound right. The cycles advance fine
and the water fills and empties. My guess is that the gears broke.
How do I confirm the problem and where can I order parts? Thanks.