Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Installing bathroom vanity faucet

I always used sweat connections to supply tubes.
Now when i go to Home Depot they push flexible hose 's with compression
connectors.
They will make the job alot easier.but how long will they last without leaks
?
Are they safe to use ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:56:38 -0400, Meat Plow
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 14:44:03 +0000, desgnr wrote:

I always used sweat connections to supply tubes.
Now when i go to Home Depot they push flexible hose 's with compression
connectors.
They will make the job alot easier.but how long will they last without leaks
?
Are they safe to use ?

Safe and last a long time.

Even with PEX supply lines?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"desgnr" wrote in message
I always used sweat connections to supply tubes.

I have never seen a sweat connection from the shutoff valve to the faucet,
not even on my MIL's 1920 house. Must be before my time. The pros use copper
tubing but it still have compression fittings at both ends, not soldered.
Those copper tubing is a pain in the ass when changing out fixtures and
often ended up replacing it with flex lines anyway.

Now when i go to Home Depot they push flexible hose 's with compression
connectors.

Those flexible hoses were around for decades.

They will make the job alot easier.but how long will they last without
leaks ?

Long time, may even outlast you.

Are they safe to use ?

Yes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike E. Fullerton wrote:

Even with PEX supply lines?

Most PEX installs I've seen use 6" copper stubs through the wall. Once the
drywall is up you'd be hardpressed to tell it isn't copper throughout.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars

Bathroom Vanity - Done! Teamcasa Woodworking 7 April 20th 06 04:30 PM
Bathroom vanity Teamcasa Woodworking 7 September 13th 05 09:35 PM
Bathroom Vanity Rob V Woodworking 0 June 10th 05 05:26 PM
Wooden vanity top in bathroom. Jeff Bennett Woodworking 4 September 10th 04 10:59 PM