Posted to alt.home.repair
** Frank ** **    Frank    ** is offline

Default Installing bathroom vanity faucet

"desgnr" wrote in message
I always used sweat connections to supply tubes.

I have never seen a sweat connection from the shutoff valve to the faucet,
not even on my MIL's 1920 house. Must be before my time. The pros use copper
tubing but it still have compression fittings at both ends, not soldered.
Those copper tubing is a pain in the ass when changing out fixtures and
often ended up replacing it with flex lines anyway.

Now when i go to Home Depot they push flexible hose 's with compression
connectors.

Those flexible hoses were around for decades.

They will make the job alot easier.but how long will they last without
leaks ?

Long time, may even outlast you.

Are they safe to use ?

Yes.