DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Installing bathroom vanity faucet (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/205103-installing-bathroom-vanity-faucet.html)

desgnr June 29th 07 03:44 PM

Installing bathroom vanity faucet

I always used sweat connections to supply tubes.
Now when i go to Home Depot they push flexible hose 's with compression
connectors.
They will make the job alot easier.but how long will they last without leaks
?
Are they safe to use ?

Mike E. Fullerton June 29th 07 06:23 PM

Installing bathroom vanity faucet

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:56:38 -0400, Meat Plow
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 14:44:03 +0000, desgnr wrote:

I always used sweat connections to supply tubes.
Now when i go to Home Depot they push flexible hose 's with compression
connectors.
They will make the job alot easier.but how long will they last without leaks
?
Are they safe to use ?

Safe and last a long time.

Even with PEX supply lines?

** Frank ** June 29th 07 10:37 PM

"desgnr" wrote in message
I always used sweat connections to supply tubes.

I have never seen a sweat connection from the shutoff valve to the faucet,
not even on my MIL's 1920 house. Must be before my time. The pros use copper
tubing but it still have compression fittings at both ends, not soldered.
Those copper tubing is a pain in the ass when changing out fixtures and
often ended up replacing it with flex lines anyway.

Now when i go to Home Depot they push flexible hose 's with compression
connectors.

Those flexible hoses were around for decades.

They will make the job alot easier.but how long will they last without
leaks ?

Long time, may even outlast you.

Are they safe to use ?

Yes.

Rick Blaine June 30th 07 02:20 AM

Installing bathroom vanity faucet

Mike E. Fullerton wrote:

Even with PEX supply lines?

Most PEX installs I've seen use 6" copper stubs through the wall. Once the
drywall is up you'd be hardpressed to tell it isn't copper throughout.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars