Posted to alt.home.repair

Default bullnose verandah roof flashing

I wonder if anyone can advise the perferred method for fixing flashing
to a traditional corrugated iron bullnose verandah roof? I need to
flash the join between the sheets of iron along the line of the hip
where the bullnose extends at right angles at each end of the roof. I
am using malleable heavy zinc substitue flashing, and I propose to
form it down over the hip and press it into the corrugations with a
silicone sealant underneath for the full length. Will the bond
provided by the silicon sealant, in combination with the weight of the
flashing material be enough to provide a good, long term seal, or
should I use rivets? I can't recall having seen rivets used in similar
circumstances and I think they might look unsightly. Without rivets
however, I'm worried about uplift and leaving a gap between the
flashing and the iron. With initial tinkering I'm not getting a snug
fit. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Nevndi

Flashing Siding To Roof Bgreer5050 Home Repair 4 June 16th 07 08:53 PM
Roof Flashing Rob Bashford UK diy 3 August 1st 06 10:20 AM
flashing for a metal roof woodchip Home Repair 1 April 18th 06 03:10 AM
roof flashing bill Home Repair 6 October 24th 05 12:29 AM
Roof flashing problems spoon2001 Home Repair 7 October 5th 05 12:01 AM