Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flashing Siding To Roof

What size of roll flashing would you recommend between the porch roof and
the siding on this elevation?

http://mropartner.com/frontelevation.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bgreer5050 wrote:
What size of roll flashing would you recommend between the porch roof and
the siding on this elevation?

http://mropartner.com/frontelevation.htm

I don't know about "roll flashing". I am not familiar with
that term. I would use wall angle at that juncture. I like
to have mine custom made and I have it bent with 6" exposed
and 6" up the wall. Cover the wall side with Ice and water
shield sealing the felt or housewrap over the flashing. This
seals any nail holes that you have to make through the siding
and through the flashing.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Allison wrote in

Bgreer5050 wrote:
What size of roll flashing would you recommend between the porch roof
and the siding on this elevation?

http://mropartner.com/frontelevation.htm

I don't know about "roll flashing". I am not familiar with
that term. I would use wall angle at that juncture. I like
to have mine custom made and I have it bent with 6" exposed
and 6" up the wall. Cover the wall side with Ice and water
shield sealing the felt or housewrap over the flashing. This
seals any nail holes that you have to make through the siding
and through the flashing.

Gonna have to do a very similar area (first pic) myself when I finish the
main body roof.

Believe he is talking about the flashing material that comes on a roll
various widths 10/14/20",etc. Stuff you bend yourself. I've seen it in
aluminum and galvanized.

Haven't seen it myself but online it seems the Borg has Roll Stock Vinyl
Flashing. Anyone ever use it? Pros or cons?

Never dealt with putting it on a house with vinyl siding. I know there's
a tool to pull siding. What about that bottom piece where the siding
meets the roof? Nailed in?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bgreer5050 wrote:

What size of roll flashing would you recommend between the porch roof
and the siding on this elevation?

http://mropartner.com/frontelevation.htm

I don't know about "roll flashing". I am not familiar with
that term. I would use wall angle at that juncture. I like
to have mine custom made and I have it bent with 6" exposed
and 6" up the wall. Cover the wall side with Ice and water
shield sealing the felt or housewrap over the flashing. This
seals any nail holes that you have to make through the siding
and through the flashing.

Gonna have to do a very similar area (first pic) myself when I finish the
main body roof.

Believe he is talking about the flashing material that comes on a roll
various widths 10/14/20",etc. Stuff you bend yourself. I've seen it in
aluminum and galvanized.

Around here we call that valley flashing or coil stock.

Haven't seen it myself but online it seems the Borg has Roll Stock Vinyl
Flashing. Anyone ever use it? Pros or cons?

Would never use vinyl anywhere that is in the sun or needs to
be protected from water intrusion.

Never dealt with putting it on a house with vinyl siding. I know there's
a tool to pull siding. What about that bottom piece where the siding
meets the roof? Nailed in?

All vinyl siding is nailed loosely (or should be). I have
never had a problem removing it or getting it back on. Just
use a flat bar.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Allison wrote in

Bgreer5050 wrote:

What size of roll flashing would you recommend between the porch
roof and the siding on this elevation?

http://mropartner.com/frontelevation.htm

I don't know about "roll flashing". I am not familiar with
that term. I would use wall angle at that juncture. I like
to have mine custom made and I have it bent with 6" exposed
and 6" up the wall. Cover the wall side with Ice and water
shield sealing the felt or housewrap over the flashing. This
seals any nail holes that you have to make through the siding
and through the flashing.

Gonna have to do a very similar area (first pic) myself when I finish
the main body roof.

Believe he is talking about the flashing material that comes on a
roll various widths 10/14/20",etc. Stuff you bend yourself. I've seen
it in aluminum and galvanized.

Around here we call that valley flashing or coil stock.

'round here too.

Haven't seen it myself but online it seems the Borg has Roll Stock
Vinyl Flashing. Anyone ever use it? Pros or cons?

Would never use vinyl anywhere that is in the sun or needs to
be protected from water intrusion.

That just about leaves indoor use only...

Never dealt with putting it on a house with vinyl siding. I know
there's a tool to pull siding. What about that bottom piece where the
siding meets the roof? Nailed in?

All vinyl siding is nailed loosely (or should be). I have
never had a problem removing it or getting it back on. Just
use a flat bar.

Thanks for the reply...