Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wiring Outdoor Timer

Intermatic T103. The most confusing wiring diagram I have ever seen.
There are 5 connection points (plus ground). They mark them "LOAD"
#2 and #4 , and "LINE" #1 and #3 and a connector marked "A". The
"A" and "LINE" #1 go to the clock motor.

My first inclination is to connect the line from the circuit with
neutral (WHITE) to #1 and hot (BLACK) to #3 (ground to ground of
course). Then to the unit I am powering, neutral (WHITE) to #2 and
hot (BLACK) to #4.

Does that make sense? Has anyone else wired one of these things up
before? Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

The T103 is a double pole time clock, used for switching two circuits or one
240 volt circuit. If you want to use it for just one circuit, you don't use
both switches. If your feed to the clock is 120 volt, connect it to A and
#1. If the feed to the clock motor and the feed to whatever the clock is
controlling are the same: connect the Load neutral to A along with the clock
motor, and the load wire to #2

wrote in message
ps.com...
Intermatic T103. The most confusing wiring diagram I have ever seen.
There are 5 connection points (plus ground). They mark them "LOAD"

Posted to alt.home.repair

#2 and #4 , and "LINE" #1 and #3 and a connector marked "A". The
"A" and "LINE" #1 go to the clock motor.

My first inclination is to connect the line from the circuit with
neutral (WHITE) to #1 and hot (BLACK) to #3 (ground to ground of
course). Then to the unit I am powering, neutral (WHITE) to #2 and
hot (BLACK) to #4.

Does that make sense? Has anyone else wired one of these things up
before? Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Thanks. Still a bit clueless. My feed is 120 volts. It is powering
a exhaust fan to my radon unit. So I have 4 wires (on that ground)
hot and neutral ... in and out. I don't understand from your
description what to connect to what.
Thanks for the help.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Connect the neutral wires (white) from both the feed and the fan to terminal
Connect the feed (black) to terminal 1
Connect the load (black wire to fan) to terminal 2
Connect both ground wires together and to ground terminal
Don't use terminals 3 and 4

oups.com...

#2 and #4 , and "LINE" #1 and #3 and a connector marked "A". The
"A" and "LINE" #1 go to the clock motor.

My first inclination is to connect the line from the circuit with
neutral (WHITE) to #1 and hot (BLACK) to #3 (ground to ground of
course). Then to the unit I am powering, neutral (WHITE) to #2 and
hot (BLACK) to #4.

Does that make sense? Has anyone else wired one of these things up
before? Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Thanks. Still a bit clueless. My feed is 120 volts. It is powering
a exhaust fan to my radon unit. So I have 4 wires (on that ground)
hot and neutral ... in and out. I don't understand from your
description what to connect to what.
Thanks for the help.

Perfect. Even a chimp like me can figure this out now. Thanks again.