Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Noisy pipe

When I turn on the outdoor faucets in my house there is a vibrating noise for a few seconds.
I have read several articles on the internet, and they were talking about trying to tight down the pipe
to the frame and bla .. bla ... bla .. I don't see how this can be done on my house
because all of the pipes are buried deep inside the wall/foundation slap !!
Does any body know how to address the problem in this similar condition?

Thanks in advance

JIMMY

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jimmy S." wrote in message
et...
When I turn on the outdoor faucets in my house there is a vibrating noise
for a few seconds.
I have read several articles on the internet, and they were talking about
trying to tight down the pipe
to the frame and bla .. bla ... bla .. I don't see how this can be done
on my house
because all of the pipes are buried deep inside the wall/foundation slap !!
Does any body know how to address the problem in this similar condition?
Thanks in advance

Try replacing the washer on the valve stem. That is probably causing the
vibration.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jimmy S. wrote:
When I turn on the outdoor faucets in my house there is a vibrating
noise for a few seconds.
I have read several articles on the internet, and they were talking
about trying to tight down the pipe
to the frame and bla .. bla ... bla .. I don't see how this can
be done on my house
because all of the pipes are buried deep inside the wall/foundation
slap !!
Does any body know how to address the problem in this similar
condition?

Thanks in advance

JIMMY

In addition to Ed's suggestion, which may well do it, you may want to
check the water pressure in your home. If it is above 40 psi you may want
to consider a pressure reducing valve.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

HI Ed,
Could you point me to the location where
I can fin information on how to change the valve stem
you were talking about? frankly, I don't even
know which/where the valve is located.

Thanks,

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Jimmy S." wrote in message
et...
When I turn on the outdoor faucets in my house there is a vibrating noise
for a few seconds.
I have read several articles on the internet, and they were talking about
trying to tight down the pipe
to the frame and bla .. bla ... bla .. I don't see how this can be
done on my house
because all of the pipes are buried deep inside the wall/foundation slap
!!
Does any body know how to address the problem in this similar condition?
Thanks in advance

Try replacing the washer on the valve stem. That is probably causing the
vibration.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jimmy S." wrote in message
news
HI Ed,
Could you point me to the location where
I can fin information on how to change the valve stem
you were talking about? frankly, I don't even
know which/where the valve is located.

Thanks,

The valve stem is the part attached to the hand you turn to open the faucet.
Inside, there is a seal, or washer, on the bottom that goes up against a
seat so water cannot pass. The washers wear out, compress, or sometimes
loosen and vibrate when water passes over them.

One of these may help

http://www.ehow.com/how_117402_fix-faucet.html
http://www.ehow.com/how_385_repair-c...sion-stem.html

WC overflow going into a sink waste-pipe, soil pipe or shower cubicle? James B UK diy 14 May 19th 07 02:06 PM
Noisy Maytag dishwasher drain pipe Art Home Repair 0 April 20th 05 03:56 AM
How vital are pipe inserts with pushfit plumbing wwit 22m acorn pipe? Ricky C UK diy 7 February 10th 05 10:48 PM
Noisy water pipe Jon UK diy 2 September 9th 04 01:26 AM
Converting soil pipe access panel to allow 40mm pipe Scott UK diy 1 August 12th 03 10:14 PM