Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default Bath light bar

http://www.eco-lights.com/6414/Sheri...nity_Strip.php

The link above shows a similar style light bar that I am trying to
repair. One of the light sockets got snapped loose. Tried to affix
using JB Weld but that didn't work.

Is it possible to get replacement sockets for light bars? Or is
replacement of the entire assembly the only option?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:27:11 -0400, Jim wrote:

http://www.eco-lights.com/6414/Sheri...nity_Strip.php

The link above shows a similar style light bar that I am trying to
repair. One of the light sockets got snapped loose. Tried to
affix using JB Weld but that didn't work.

Is it possible to get replacement sockets for light bars? Or is
replacement of the entire assembly the only option?

If the rivet came loose it can be pop riveted back on. By the time
you buy a gun and rivets you could toss and extra 20 in and buy the
whole thing at Lowes or Home Depot. Oh and you could also find a
sheet metal screw and fix it that way if the socket leg isn't broken.

It isn't at my house so I'll try to recall more detail. The base of the
socket appeared to be plastic. My guess is when the buld was being
removed the owner twisted right instead of left as the plastic itself
appears to have sheared.

Been looking at lighting assemblies via the web. See everything from
under $10 to over $200. If the project get that far I guess the biggest
concern the owner will have to deal with is how close a match to the
original is desired.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

I went over to visit and discovered something I wish I hadn't. The
light bar is integral with the wall medicine cabinet. So now it looks
like the entire assembly must be replaced.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Jim
wrote:

I went over to visit and discovered something I wish I hadn't. The
light bar is integral with the wall medicine cabinet. So now it looks
like the entire assembly must be replaced.

nonsense. you can replace the defective socket. i don't care if it's
riveted or swaged or welded on there. get the damn thing off, take it to
the store, buy one that looks somewhat like it, and modify the new one
in whatever way is necessary to bolt it on there.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 23:10:10 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article , Jim
wrote:

I went over to visit and discovered something I wish I hadn't. The
light bar is integral with the wall medicine cabinet. So now it looks
like the entire assembly must be replaced.

nonsense. you can replace the defective socket. i don't care if it's
riveted or swaged or welded on there. get the damn thing off, take it to
the store, buy one that looks somewhat like it, and modify the new one
in whatever way is necessary to bolt it on there.

Absolutely. Or leave the thing at home and buy the say, three,
sockets that might fit, and figure it out at home.