Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Bath light bar

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 23:10:10 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article , Jim
wrote:

I went over to visit and discovered something I wish I hadn't. The
light bar is integral with the wall medicine cabinet. So now it looks
like the entire assembly must be replaced.

nonsense. you can replace the defective socket. i don't care if it's
riveted or swaged or welded on there. get the damn thing off, take it to
the store, buy one that looks somewhat like it, and modify the new one
in whatever way is necessary to bolt it on there.

Absolutely. Or leave the thing at home and buy the say, three,
sockets that might fit, and figure it out at home.