Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is ground cable needed

I am installing a temporary subpanel for a large outdoor christmas
light display. I plan on running two hots and a neutral to the
subpanel. I know that you do not tie the ground and neutral together
in a subpanel like you do in a main panel so my question is Do I need
to run a ground from my main panel to my subpanel if I plan on
installing a seperate grounding rod for the subpanel?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . com, " wrote:
I am installing a temporary subpanel for a large outdoor christmas
light display. I plan on running two hots and a neutral to the
subpanel. I know that you do not tie the ground and neutral together
in a subpanel like you do in a main panel so my question is Do I need
to run a ground from my main panel to my subpanel if I plan on
installing a seperate grounding rod for the subpanel?

Yes.

--
Regards,

Ground level flooring advice needed elanamig Home Repair 22 October 14th 06 02:47 PM
How to ground a cable feed? MiamiCuse Home Repair 8 December 6th 05 01:55 PM
Cable laying U/ground Steve UK diy 11 November 10th 05 11:04 PM
Finding a cable in the ground... Howie UK diy 13 April 25th 05 06:48 PM
Above-ground Stump removal ideas needed Tony Home Ownership 35 September 29th 04 06:20 PM