Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Aprilaire 600 or Honeywell HE225/HE265 Humidifier?

Aprilaire 600 or Honeywell HE225/HE265 Humidifier?
Following are some of the differences I've gleaned.

Aprilaire 600:
- Outdoor sensor.
- Integrated bypass damper.
- More tried-and-true?
- More people seem to really like them. (?)

Honeywell HE225/HE265:
- Humidicalc+ software (no outdoor sensor). "Designed to measure or
infer outdoor temperature." "The first standalone humidistat to control
to dewpoint instead of relative humidity."
- Damper not "integrated"? Does it matter?
- Honeywell is "a partner of the American Lung Association® Health
House® program that provides guidelines for constructing homes with
improved air quality and ventilation. Does this matter?
(http://www.healthhouse.org/)
- AgION Humidifier Pads with anti-microbial coating. Apparently these
can be used in the Apilaire as well, though.

I'm not sure if some of this is just hype.

Thank you very much for any helpful information.
--
Please respond to the newsgroup only. Email sent to this account goes
unread.
Posted to alt.home.repair

poster3814 wrote:
[...]

I have the Aprilaire. My experience has been very good. Before I
bought it, I was were you are now and I found that most everyone agreed that
Aprilaire was the way to go.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 13, 8:08 am, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:
poster3814 wrote:
[...]

Dia 's Muire duit- Hide quoted text -

I have the Aprilaire model (760?) with the powered fan and outside
sensor and am very happy with it. Very well built, easy to service
and has been trouble free. The outside sensor definitely works and
lowers the humdidity as the outside temp drops.

I would also recommend getting this model, as it eliminates the whole
bypass arrangement. I've never been a fan of that approach for
several reasons. One is, I doubt it's good for the hot steel in the
furnace heat exchanger to be exposed to high moisture, which occurs
with the bypass model. Second, it reduces the blower capacity. And
third, unless it has some auto damper, which most don't you have to
remember to close/open it for AC/heat season.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I too have an Aprilaire 760, and have installed several. I share the opinion
stated below that this is a far better solution than the damper model.

I am totally satisfied with the Aprilaire performance and ease of
servicing........extremely well controlled humidity using the outdoor
controlled humidistat, very high reliability, and very easy to service. The
prior Aprilaire I had in this furnace lasted nearly 20 years, and actually
was replaced only because I wanted the outdoor thermostat control and I was
putting in a new furnace.

Smarty

oups.com...
wrote:
poster3814 wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

What's your goal?

I suggest you use the higher priced one, and have it
professionally installed.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

[...]