Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Aprilaire 600 or Honeywell HE225/HE265 Humidifier?

poster3814 wrote:
Aprilaire 600 or Honeywell HE225/HE265 Humidifier?
Following are some of the differences I've gleaned.

Aprilaire 600:
- Outdoor sensor.
- Integrated bypass damper.
- More tried-and-true?
- More people seem to really like them. (?)

Honeywell HE225/HE265:
- Humidicalc+ software (no outdoor sensor). "Designed to measure or
infer outdoor temperature." "The first standalone humidistat to
control to dewpoint instead of relative humidity."
- Damper not "integrated"? Does it matter?
- Honeywell is "a partner of the American Lung Association® Health
House® program that provides guidelines for constructing homes with
improved air quality and ventilation. Does this matter?
(http://www.healthhouse.org/)
- AgION Humidifier Pads with anti-microbial coating. Apparently these
can be used in the Apilaire as well, though.

I'm not sure if some of this is just hype.

Thank you very much for any helpful information.

I have the Aprilaire. My experience has been very good. Before I
bought it, I was were you are now and I found that most everyone agreed that
Aprilaire was the way to go.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit