Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need part for a Ryobi weedeater......help

Its a Ryobi 875r 4-stroke weedeater. Only a year ago, the primer bulb
cracked and I could not get JUST the bulb..I had to buy the whole
carburetor for $30.00! This summer, it has already cracked AGAIN. Its
made from surgical rubber, and it just does not last!!! I am so
disgusted with it. Surely some supplier stocks just the primer bulb?
If not, I am throwing this **(*&^&*&%&**!!!!! straight in the trash
rather than get ripped off for yet another carburetor. Thanks!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"geronimo" wrote in message
Its a Ryobi 875r 4-stroke weedeater. Only a year ago, the primer bulb
cracked and I could not get JUST the bulb..I had to buy the whole
carburetor for $30.00! This summer, it has already cracked AGAIN. Its
made from surgical rubber, and it just does not last!!! I am so
disgusted with it. Surely some supplier stocks just the primer bulb?
If not, I am throwing this **(*&^&*&%&**!!!!! straight in the trash
rather than get ripped off for yet another carburetor. Thanks!

Does the manual list a part number for just the bulb? That would make it
easier to find.

Try he
http://www.ryobioutdoor.com/
http://www.ryobitools.com/service-support/power-parts
http://www.outdoordistributors.com/R...bi_Search.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 9, 11:08 am, geronimo wrote:
Its a Ryobi 875r 4-stroke weedeater. Only a year ago, the primer bulb
cracked and I could not get JUST the bulb..I had to buy the whole
carburetor for $30.00! This summer, it has already cracked AGAIN. Its
made from surgical rubber, and it just does not last!!! I am so
disgusted with it. Surely some supplier stocks just the primer bulb?
If not, I am throwing this **(*&^&*&%&**!!!!! straight in the trash
rather than get ripped off for yet another carburetor. Thanks!

Where are you getting your part. I'd go to a GOOD saw shop (Stihl,
Husky dealer, etc.) and see if they have any suggestions for you. I
know Leroy at my local shop always has $1.95 to $5 solutions to
problems that could easily hit $$$ if I went the manufactuer route.

Posted to alt.home.repair

thirdy8special had written this in response to
http://www.www.thestuccocompany.com/...lp-223867-.htm
:
On the 700 series, here's the PN for the primer bulb, Walbro PN 188-512-1.
I got it at my local lawn mower repair shop(Miller Power Saw in Tyler,
TX). It was about $6. Not sure if that is the same part for the 800
series weedeater. Call Walbro Engine Management(that's who makes the
engine), Cass City, MI 48726, I don't have their ph#.
Good luck,
Gary

-------------------------------------
geronimo wrote:

Its a Ryobi 875r 4-stroke weedeater. Only a year ago, the primer bulb
cracked and I could not get JUST the bulb..I had to buy the whole
carburetor for $30.00! This summer, it has already cracked AGAIN. Its
made from surgical rubber, and it just does not last!!! I am so
disgusted with it. Surely some supplier stocks just the primer bulb?
If not, I am throwing this **(*&^&*&%&**!!!!! straight
in the trash
rather than get ripped off for yet another carburetor. Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to geronimo, Bob A wrote:
Jamesw wrote:

Its a Ryobi 875r 4-stroke weedeater. Only a year ago, the primer bulb
cracked and I could not get JUST the bulb..I had to buy the whole
carburetor for $30.00! This summer, it has already cracked AGAIN. Its
made from surgical rubber, and it just does not last!!! I am so
disgusted with it. Surely some supplier stocks just the primer bulb?
If not, I am throwing this **(*&^&*&%&**!!!!! straight in the
trash
rather than get ripped off for yet another carburetor. Thanks!

Bob A

I've got the same trimmer and now I need a primer bulb. Try this site
http://www.hyperparts.com/ , they have three (3) pages of primer bulbs.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...lp-223867-.htm