Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ryobi part needed

Does anybody know where I could get a template bushing guide for a
Ryobi RE600 router?
It's a jumbo speed-control thing I bought new about 9 years ago.
The base looks like it was set up for one.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Charley

There is an adapter available that will let you use the standard Porter
Cable type bushings. The adapter should be much easier for you to find than
the special Ryobi bushings. Then you can use the standard type bushings that
are available everywhere. I finally bought an adapter after also being
unsuccessful at finding the Ryobi bushings and I haven't been sorry, but
it's been so long ago that I'm not really sure where I got it. It was most
likely Woodworkers Supply because I was doing most of my business with them
at the time. Sorry I can't do any better. I don't even get their catalog any
more.

--
Charley

" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anybody know where I could get a template bushing guide for a
Ryobi RE600 router?
It's a jumbo speed-control thing I bought new about 9 years ago.
The base looks like it was set up for one.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sorry I can't do any better.
Thanks for the lead. I have been using the plastic turn-lock base that
Rockler
sells on my Porter-Cable. It looked kind of junky but it works just
great. It's
got a self-centering gizmo for the bushings that really works. It's
just that you
get one router set up for one phase of whatever you're doing and you
don't want
to change it, so it'd be good to have the capability in another one.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

" wrote:

Sorry I can't do any better.
Thanks for the lead. I have been using the plastic turn-lock base
that Rockler
sells on my Porter-Cable. It looked kind of junky but it works just
great. It's
got a self-centering gizmo for the bushings that really works. It's
just that you
get one router set up for one phase of whatever you're doing and you
don't want
to change it, so it'd be good to have the capability in another one.

Buy a turn-lock base for the Ryobi. In the long run you'll be better off,
as you can use the turn-locj base for guides & so on.