Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plumbing question

If I have a PVC pipe, and I want to put a T into it in the middle, how
do I do that, if neither end can move back or forth? I've done plenty
of copper, which bends enough usually, but this PVC sometimes won't
budge.

Thanks!

Dean

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 6, 10:43 pm, dean wrote:
If I have a PVC pipe, and I want to put a T into it in the middle, how
do I do that, if neither end can move back or forth? I've done plenty
of copper, which bends enough usually, but this PVC sometimes won't
budge.

Thanks!

Dean

You will need to add a union in addition to the tee. Lowes and home
depot should have a pvc union or one of those compression type
couplings for pvc pipe that will also work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 6, 11:50 pm, wrote:
On Jun 6, 10:43 pm, dean wrote:

If I have a PVC pipe, and I want to put a T into it in the middle, how
do I do that, if neither end can move back or forth? I've done plenty
of copper, which bends enough usually, but this PVC sometimes won't
budge.

Thanks!

Dean

You will need to add a union in addition to the tee. Lowes and home
depot should have a pvc union or one of those compression type
couplings for pvc pipe that will also work.

Can you tell me what the union you mean looks like? I can't see how
anything would work other than a flexible coupling.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 6, 10:50 pm, wrote:
On Jun 6, 10:43 pm, dean wrote:

If I have a PVC pipe, and I want to put a T into it in the middle, how
do I do that, if neither end can move back or forth? I've done plenty
of copper, which bends enough usually, but this PVC sometimes won't
budge.

Thanks!

Dean

You will need to add a union in addition to the tee. Lowes and home
depot should have a pvc union or one of those compression type
couplings for pvc pipe that will also work.

Bull! You could use a repair coupling in nearly every instance when
working with PVC.

JK

Posted to alt.home.repair

dean wrote:
On Jun 6, 11:50 pm, wrote:
On Jun 6, 10:43 pm, dean wrote:

If I have a PVC pipe, and I want to put a T into it in the middle,
how do I do that, if neither end can move back or forth? I've done
plenty of copper, which bends enough usually, but this PVC
sometimes won't budge.

Thanks!

Dean

You will need to add a union in addition to the tee. Lowes and home
depot should have a pvc union or one of those compression type
couplings for pvc pipe that will also work.

Can you tell me what the union you mean looks like? I can't see how
anything would work other than a flexible coupling.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...upling--Joseph Meehan Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com, dean wrote:
If I have a PVC pipe, and I want to put a T into it in the middle, how
do I do that, if neither end can move back or forth? I've done plenty
of copper, which bends enough usually, but this PVC sometimes won't
budge.

You need an RP coupling. Cut the pipe where you need the tee, and at a second
point a couple feet away. Shorten the section between the cuts by exactly
enough length to make room for the tee. Slip the RP coupling onto one end of
that section -- withOUT glue -- then glue the tee onto the other end. Glue the
other side of the tee in place. Align the two pieces of pipe, make a pencil
mark on one side of the joint at half the length of the RP coupling away from
the joint, slather the area around the joint with glue, and slide the RP
coupling in place up to your pencil mark.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

Drain pipe, or pressurized water supply?

What's the pipe size? half inch is different than 6 inch drain.

In the cellar, or in a wall?

How far on either side to the next support?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
: If I have a PVC pipe, and I want to put a T into it in the
middle, how
: do I do that, if neither end can move back or forth? I've done
plenty
: of copper, which bends enough usually, but this PVC sometimes
won't
: budge.
:
: Thanks!
:
:
: Dean
:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 7, 9:43 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Drain pipe, or pressurized water supply?

What's the pipe size? half inch is different than 6 inch drain.

In the cellar, or in a wall?

How far on either side to the next support?

Drain pipe.
2-1/2" approx o.d.
Basement ceiling.
Varies - maybe several feet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

If I have a PVC pipe, and I want to put a T into it in the middle, how
do I do that, if neither end can move back or forth? I've done plenty
of copper, which bends enough usually, but this PVC sometimes won't
budge.

I believe they sell rubber couplings that will do the trick. Don't know if
it's code-worthy for whatever you're using it for.

Concrete question (regarding previous plumbing question) [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 17th 06 08:07 PM
Plumbing question.... [email protected] Home Repair 1 January 4th 06 02:41 PM
Plumbing question MP UK diy 1 May 17th 05 09:52 PM
Plumbing question No Home Repair 1 February 7th 05 02:06 AM
Plumbing question Art Home Repair 13 December 9th 04 10:34 PM