Posted to alt.home.repair

Default dishwasher

I was told that I need to change the filter in my diswasher. I have NO idea
how to do this. This dishwasher was here when we moved here .... so I don't
have a book.
It's a Kenmore.
Can anyone help me out by either telling me what to do or sending me to a
URL that will be helpful?
Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Knit Chic" wrote in message
t...
I was told that I need to change the filter in my diswasher. I have NO
idea how to do this. This dishwasher was here when we moved here .... so I
don't have a book.
It's a Kenmore.
Can anyone help me out by either telling me what to do or sending me to a
URL that will be helpful?
Thanks,

There are probably 200 or more models of Kenmore DW over the past 20 years.
It may have been made by Frigidaire, Whirlpool, or whoever. Find the model
number, go to the Sears.com web page and see if they have the manual
available to download.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 15:52:22 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Knit Chic" wrote in message
et...
I was told that I need to change the filter in my diswasher. I have NO
idea how to do this. This dishwasher was here when we moved here .... so I
don't have a book.
It's a Kenmore.
Can anyone help me out by either telling me what to do or sending me to a
URL that will be helpful?
Thanks,

There are probably 200 or more models of Kenmore DW over the past 20 years.
It may have been made by Frigidaire, Whirlpool, or whoever. Find the model
number, go to the Sears.com web page and see if they have the manual
available to download.

My Kenmore is 28 years old and I'm pretty sure doesn't have any
filter, unless one counts the basket one sees clearly in the bottom.
It unclips (I'm carefully waiting for the clips to break) (I read the
owners manual at least once.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On or about Wed, 6 Jun 2007 10:36:39 -0400 did "Knit Chic"
dribble thusly:

I was told that I need to change the filter in my diswasher. I have NO idea
how to do this. This dishwasher was here when we moved here .... so I don't
have a book.
It's a Kenmore.
Can anyone help me out by either telling me what to do or sending me to a
URL that will be helpful?
Thanks,

Told by who? Some dishwashers have no filter. Some have one, but
it's self-cleaning.

If you have a filter that's meant to be manually cleaned, it should be
pretty easily accessible, so just poke around inside until you see
something that fits the description, or give up and assume you don't
have one.
--
- Mike

Ignore the Python in me to send e-mail.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 10:36:39 -0400, "Knit Chic"
wrote:

I was told that I need to change the filter in my diswasher. I have NO idea
how to do this. This dishwasher was here when we moved here .... so I don't
have a book.
It's a Kenmore.
Can anyone help me out by either telling me what to do or sending me to a
URL that will be helpful?

Kenmore is the house "brand" of Sears. Sears does not make
appliances; there is no Kenmore factory. Other companies make
products for Sears and slap Kenmore livery on them. Your first step
is to find out who made your dishwasher. Look for the manufacturer's
ID tag and get the model number prefix. Kenmore products will have a
model number something like 110 123456789. The 110 means Whirlpool
made it. 363 means GE, 630 means Bosch, etc. You can find some Sears
prefix decoders on the web, like this one:
http://www.appliance411.com/parts/sears.shtml

dishwasher 86byk9 Home Repair 5 April 12th 07 01:34 AM
dishwasher [email protected] Home Repair 1 October 25th 06 04:10 PM
dishwasher SeaKan Home Repair 6 November 20th 05 05:35 AM
What to look for in Used Dishwasher? bryanska Home Repair 11 September 8th 05 05:44 AM
dishwasher Appliance Repair Aid Home Repair 1 January 8th 05 09:09 PM