Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Bill is offline

Default dishwasher

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 10:36:39 -0400, "Knit Chic"
wrote:

I was told that I need to change the filter in my diswasher. I have NO idea
how to do this. This dishwasher was here when we moved here .... so I don't
have a book.
It's a Kenmore.
Can anyone help me out by either telling me what to do or sending me to a
URL that will be helpful?

Kenmore is the house "brand" of Sears. Sears does not make
appliances; there is no Kenmore factory. Other companies make
products for Sears and slap Kenmore livery on them. Your first step
is to find out who made your dishwasher. Look for the manufacturer's
ID tag and get the model number prefix. Kenmore products will have a
model number something like 110 123456789. The 110 means Whirlpool
made it. 363 means GE, 630 means Bosch, etc. You can find some Sears
prefix decoders on the web, like this one:
http://www.appliance411.com/parts/sears.shtml