Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bathtub Caulk

We replaced the surround for our bathtub. The installation guy naturally
caulked the seams. Within a few months, the caulk started working loose.
He cleaned it thoroughly and did it again. The caulk is now mildewing
and cannot be cleaned.

Is there such a thing as a premium caulk? We never had this problem before.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"mcp6453" wrote in message
m...
We replaced the surround for our bathtub. The installation guy naturally
caulked the seams. Within a few months, the caulk started working loose.
He cleaned it thoroughly and did it again. The caulk is now mildewing and
cannot be cleaned.

Is there such a thing as a premium caulk? We never had this problem
before.

Just a thought, stab in the dark really, but it's possible he/she/it used
the wrong type of caulking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 01:35:07 GMT, mcp6453
wrote:

We replaced the surround for our bathtub. The installation guy naturally
caulked the seams. Within a few months, the caulk started working loose.
He cleaned it thoroughly and did it again. The caulk is now mildewing
and cannot be cleaned.

Is there such a thing as a premium caulk? We never had this problem before.

You go to Lowes, or HD, you have a wide selection of caulk. I'm
guessing you got what ever was on the truck. Check the selection out.

tom @ www.URLBee.com

Caulk Bill UK diy 11 June 15th 06 10:39 PM
Removing caulk from "caulk strip" GotBonus Home Repair 1 April 18th 06 12:27 AM
Window sills: Prime, Paint Caulk or Prime Caulk Paint? Alan Smithee Home Repair 4 April 18th 05 04:03 PM
Prep/Re-caulk bathtub Puddin' Man Home Repair 3 March 2nd 05 12:53 PM
What kind of caulk to use? Schism Home Repair 2 May 30th 04 02:23 PM