Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wiring a pool

I get to install a receptacle for my sister's pool pump.

NEC 680 says the GFCI receptacle is required to be feed using an
insulated #12 Ground.

Anyone know why this is a requirement? I am guessing that this means
all the way back to the panel so fishing the wall will have to be done
in 1/2 inch flex. Running conduit in a house seems unnecessary.