Junior Member

Question Pool wiring

What is the difference between having copper wiring or pigtailed for an outdoor pool. And how would you tell if it is either one.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pool wiring

"Kim Borchers" wrote in message

What is the difference between having copper wiring or pigtailed for an
outdoor pool. And how would you tell if it is either one.

Yikes. That's the most frightening question I've seen in many a long day.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Homer J Simpson wrote:
"Kim Borchers" wrote in message

What is the difference between having copper wiring or pigtailed for an
outdoor pool. And how would you tell if it is either one.

Yikes. That's the most frightening question I've seen in many a long day.

lol. Remoinds me of that famous extension lead... no, cant find it. Its
on Joe Tedesco's site iirc, and is a home made extension lead with
sockets mounted in a shampoo bottle, and used with hte sockets FLOATING
in the user's pool.

NT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"James Thompson" wrote in message

If what you are asking = Why can't I use a pigtailed connection to run
wire out to my pool pump ? , Then I would say = It is best to have a
continuous wire due to the current demands of the pump, But you can run
wire that has pigtailed connections as long as the connections are in an
outdoor approved junction box and is accessible. I would also have the
pigtails soldered as well as mechanically twisted together.
That would go the same with any motor wiring also.

When you are dealing with AC, 'outside' AND a pool, it is best to get an
experienced electrician. FWIW, I have seen too many soldered wires creep
under pressure and would always try to use pressure connectors instead. I
would also be SUPER careful with grounding and be sure to use an approved
and well tested GFI.

"One flash and you're ash"!