Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default Pool wiring

"James Thompson" wrote in message

If what you are asking = Why can't I use a pigtailed connection to run
wire out to my pool pump ? , Then I would say = It is best to have a
continuous wire due to the current demands of the pump, But you can run
wire that has pigtailed connections as long as the connections are in an
outdoor approved junction box and is accessible. I would also have the
pigtails soldered as well as mechanically twisted together.
That would go the same with any motor wiring also.

When you are dealing with AC, 'outside' AND a pool, it is best to get an
experienced electrician. FWIW, I have seen too many soldered wires creep
under pressure and would always try to use pressure connectors instead. I
would also be SUPER careful with grounding and be sure to use an approved
and well tested GFI.

"One flash and you're ash"!