Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Telephone problem

trm54321 wrote:
We're picking up a radio station on our wired telephone in the main
bedroom.
I assumed the phone was bad, so it was replaced with a new one,
different brand.
I also added a RS ground jack by the phone, but that didn't help
either.
The other 3 phones in the house don't have this problem.
Any ideas?
Cheers!

Sound like you've got RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) getting into
that phone and being demodulatyed by non-linear components in the phone,
so you then hear the radio station.

I'm not sure what you meant by a "RS ground jack".

I'm guessing it's something you bought at Radio Shack.

But if it's not an "RFI filter" or "EMI filter" then it may probably
isn't what you need to kill that radio station pickup.

This sort of filter will usually do the job:

http://www.k-comfilters.com/p_rf1s.asp

Or, for less money you can buy their Hard-Wired filter and install it
inside the telephone jack box.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Telephone problem sp1ke Home Repair 3 May 30th 07 10:16 PM
Telephone noise problem [email protected] Home Repair 4 December 20th 06 06:27 AM
telephone wiring problem Jud McCranie Home Repair 44 November 21st 06 04:24 PM
Telephone problem with the lines [email protected] Electronics Repair 35 July 27th 05 02:55 AM
Unusual telephone installation problem - Help [email protected] Home Repair 3 December 9th 04 04:32 PM