Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Repair Underground PE Split

Hi,

we have what I think is PE tubing running from the house to a spring
several hundred yards up a hill. The pipe is black and buried down
around 3 feet deep and has a diameter of .830". It has recently
developed a split on the top side of the pipe and I was curious if
anyone knew of a way to repair this without cutting the pipe?
Shutting down the water at the spring would be a major undertaking so
if there was a way to put something over it and maybe clamp it up with
stainless hose clamps then that would be preferred to cutting it and
using something like the barbed couplers.

Any ideas? I appreciate any insight ...

JL