Posted to alt.home.repair
rb rb is offline

Default v belt question

For standard V belts, what increments of an inch are lengths available in?

I have a couple 25" long. I may want to go just a bit under 25". What's
next length down?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 28 May 2007 16:34:37 -0500, "rb" wrote:

For standard V belts, what increments of an inch are lengths available in?

I have a couple 25" long. I may want to go just a bit under 25". What's
next length down?

Why do want to go under 25" and how far below 25" can you go?

--
Oren

...through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in the photo..
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On May 28, 4:34 pm, "rb" wrote:
For standard V belts, what increments of an inch are lengths available in?

I have a couple 25" long. I may want to go just a bit under 25". What's
next length down?

Possibly 1/2", 1" undoubtedly. Call NAPA...

Posted to alt.home.repair

rb,

A quick look at the Grainger site suggests that v belts are sold in full
inch increments. They do stretch. There is usually a tension adjustment. So
if you need a belt just under 25 in. you'll need to use a 24 in. If the 25
in belt is slipping a little perhaps belt dressing will help.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

"rb" wrote in message
. ..
For standard V belts, what increments of an inch are lengths
available in?

I have a couple 25" long. I may want to go just a bit under 25".
What's next length down?

All I have ever seen them come in is increments on 1 inch. Perhaps
your original was actually 24 inches but has stretched.
Also, many, but by no means all belt arrangements, have a spring
loaded idler pulley to keep the belt tight. Some have adjustments
to set the proper tension.
What is this belt off of?
Bob-tx

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On May 28, 4:34 pm, "rb" wrote:
For standard V belts, what increments of an inch are lengths available in?

I have a couple 25" long. I may want to go just a bit under 25". What's
next length down?

Actually, don't know why I didn't think of it before, but if length is
key item, there's always a link belt you can adjust to whatever length
you want within the size of the links. (I don't see much need for
them, but they're claimed by many to be the solution to vibration in
equipment like tablesaws, etc., ...)

Fenner powertwist v-belt question Nick Hull Metalworking 12 July 6th 05 04:11 AM
Belt sander question Tattooed and Dusty Woodworking 20 June 19th 05 02:40 AM
V-belt question Ken Knecht Home Repair 2 May 20th 05 09:41 PM
V-Belt question Alex Metalworking 4 May 3rd 05 11:49 PM
Maytag two-belt washer question Edwin Pawlowski Home Repair 3 December 31st 04 12:42 AM