Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Late frost with bare trees

We had a freak late frost last month and it damaged new leaves. One
tree, a lace-leaf Japanese maple looks like as it dopes in winter--no
leaves except for the frost-bitten brown leaves. Another tree
(native) is a hackberry and it dropped all its leaves but currently it
is flowering without any green leaves--very strange. The dogwood tree
blossoms froze and these did not bloom this year. Will these trees
eventually leave out? We are currently in a drought situation and I
have been watering the Japanese maple tree. Will these trees recover?
We are now having upper 80-degree weather. E.TN
Posted to alt.home.repair

Same situation here in middle GA. Called state forestry folks about
it & they said trees would releave & recover ok (which they have done
as of this post). Only effect would be on this year's acorn, fruit,
etc. crop which would be affected.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Phisherman" wrote in message
We had a freak late frost last month and it damaged new leaves. One
tree, a lace-leaf Japanese maple looks like as it dopes in winter--no
leaves except for the frost-bitten brown leaves. Another tree
(native) is a hackberry and it dropped all its leaves but currently it
is flowering without any green leaves--very strange. The dogwood tree
blossoms froze and these did not bloom this year. Will these trees
eventually leave out? We are currently in a drought situation and I
have been watering the Japanese maple tree. Will these trees recover?
We are now having upper 80-degree weather. E.TN

Same thing happened to our new Crabapple tree we just planted last fall. It
getting it's leaves and then it got really cold and froze it GOOD.
The leaves got BBQ'd, dried up and fell off. Now it has grown new leaves
and looks normal. It came through fine. The only consequence is
that it did not bloom this year.

Sealing bare wood Charles Bishop Home Repair 5 April 28th 07 03:45 PM
Bare Plaster Neil Duffy UK diy 4 October 10th 05 12:56 PM
OT - Better Late Than Never J T Woodworking 27 January 5th 05 04:47 PM
Looking for Bare Metal Primer GJRepesh Metalworking 3 May 5th 04 01:12 PM
BETTER LATE TNAN NEVER .. .. .. Woodworking 1 July 30th 03 04:05 AM