Posted to alt.home.repair

Default dryer plug to two 120VAC 30A ?

On May 22, 7:47?pm, Reid Fleming
wrote:
I have a 4 "prong" dryer plug in my basement. Is there a converter
that will plug into it and let me plug in one or two 120VAC 30A
plugs? If there isn't such a converter, how hard would it be to
make one up? Thanks.

as far as i know ther are no 120 volt 30 amp receptables.

what are you planning on plugging in?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 22, 7:47?pm, Reid Fleming
wrote:
I have a 4 "prong" dryer plug in my basement. Is there a converter
that will plug into it and let me plug in one or two 120VAC 30A
plugs? If there isn't such a converter, how hard would it be to
make one up? Thanks.

as far as i know ther are no 120 volt 30 amp receptables.

what are you planning on plugging in?

Most certainly is, L5-30's. Data centers use them and the majority of RV's
use them as well. I have one on the outside wall of my garage for my camper.
Option 5, 4th outlet down at this link.
http://servertech.com/downloads/Tech...nectoropts.pdf

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Brian V" wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
On May 22, 7:47?pm, Reid Fleming
wrote:
I have a 4 "prong" dryer plug in my basement. Is there a converter
that will plug into it and let me plug in one or two 120VAC 30A
plugs? If there isn't such a converter, how hard would it be to
make one up? Thanks.

as far as i know ther are no 120 volt 30 amp receptables.

what are you planning on plugging in?

Most certainly is, L5-30's.

There's even a 120V 30A straight-blade configuration.

--
Regards,