Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Source for PVD Brass wood screws, 3-inch ???

I am trying to mount a glass shower door and the hinges that come with
it are supplied with screws that are too short for the thick stone
finish I have to work with. The hinges are CR Laurence brand in their
'Ultra' finish. Does anyone know of a supplier for PVD "Plasma Vapor
Deposition" Brass finished, flat head, philips drive screws? Three-
inches long needed.

Note: PVD is marketed as 'Forever Bright", "Ultra Brass" or similiar
marketing names. They all mean a much harder shiny brass looking
finish that resists corrosion much better than brass alone.

Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying to mount a glass shower door and the hinges that come with
it are supplied with screws that are too short for the thick stone
finish I have to work with. The hinges are CR Laurence brand in their
'Ultra' finish. Does anyone know of a supplier for PVD "Plasma Vapor
Deposition" Brass finished, flat head, philips drive screws? Three-
inches long needed.

Note: PVD is marketed as 'Forever Bright", "Ultra Brass" or similiar
marketing names. They all mean a much harder shiny brass looking
finish that resists corrosion much better than brass alone.

Thanks,

did you ask crl? they have a web site, although you have to have a
commercial account to actually purchase from them. they may take pity on you
if you contact them directly, or through the place that got you the doors.

regards,
charlie
http://glassartists.org/chaniarts

Posted to alt.home.repair

I called CRL and they DO NOT carry them. Very odd. So I need to find
a PVD shop to custom plate some 3-inch screws.

Anyone know of a PVD plating shop?

On May 18, 3:43 pm, "charlie"
wrote:

oups.com...