Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Decking vs patio opinion

We want to add a deck to the front of our cabin (a double wide) but due to
health issues ='s no $$ I'm thinking that a patio is going to have to do for
a good while. A year ago we were quoted $6500 just for a deck with no roof
or screening.

The door is about 3' from ground level, the grade is about .75"/ ft and we
wanted a 16' square area. I can get the appropriate fill and tamp it, sand,
tamp and finish with pavers. Surround the area with PT 4x4's and add side
walls for screening and a roof but the dang door has me flummoxed. It would
be a real pain to have to open a house door and then another door to the
patio, besides the incovenience of steps to get down to the patio area. If
I attach the side walls to the house so that I can encapsulate the traffic
area with screen I'll have to go through the code inspections, I believe.
Do you folks have any suggestions for this issue?
TIA,
Chuck

Decking [email protected] UK diy 8 May 9th 07 12:19 AM
Decking - lay frame on concrete, patio slabs or ???? Greystoke UK diy 15 August 24th 06 10:26 AM
Rhino Decking Corinne Home Repair 2 April 27th 06 08:34 AM
Decking LetterBee UK diy 6 April 2nd 05 02:59 PM
trex decking steve Home Repair 1 November 14th 03 02:07 AM