Posted to alt.home.repair
Corinne

Default Rhino Decking

I have two steps at my back door made out of redwood. It remains in
beautiful condition as it is covered by my patio roof.

My front steps, also made out of redwood, don't look as nice as I would
like to see them. If I stain them, they eventually get old looking, and
if I carpet them, then when it rains/snows, all the moisture on shoes is
tracked into my home.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do to spruce up my front
steps.

I had a builder over the other day, and asked him if Trex decking could
be put over the redwood boards. He said yes, but that he recommended
Rhino decking over Trex.

Does anyone have any comments on Trex vs. Rhino.

Thanks everyone.

Corinne
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joey

Corinne wrote:
I have two steps at my back door made out of redwood. It remains in
beautiful condition as it is covered by my patio roof.

My front steps, also made out of redwood, don't look as nice as I would
like to see them. If I stain them, they eventually get old looking, and
if I carpet them, then when it rains/snows, all the moisture on shoes is
tracked into my home.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do to spruce up my front
steps.

I had a builder over the other day, and asked him if Trex decking could
be put over the redwood boards. He said yes, but that he recommended
Rhino decking over Trex.

Does anyone have any comments on Trex vs. Rhino.

Thanks everyone.

Corinne

Corinne,

Have you seen the new synthetic decking materials at Lowes/HD that will
never rot or hold water or need staining/painting ?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Corinne

No I have not, but I will definitely check it out.

It was my impression that this is what Rhino decking is all about as well.

Thanks so much.

Corinne

Joey wrote:
Corinne wrote:

[...]

Plywood decking thickness Ken Home Repair 11 February 28th 06 01:32 AM
Jewelry Design Software, Gemvision Matrix 3D Version 5.0, Solidscape Jewelcad_v5.12, Delcam ArtCAM JewelSmith v8.1, Rhino and Addons vvcd Metalworking 1 November 5th 05 09:15 PM
Decking LetterBee UK diy 6 April 2nd 05 02:59 PM
pulling up decking Dundonald UK diy 21 March 7th 05 09:48 AM
Composite decking: Trex or WeatherBest? Dave K. Home Repair 3 February 18th 04 03:12 AM