DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Rhino Decking (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/155040-rhino-decking.html)

Corinne April 26th 06 03:42 AM

Rhino Decking

I have two steps at my back door made out of redwood. It remains in
beautiful condition as it is covered by my patio roof.

My front steps, also made out of redwood, don't look as nice as I would
like to see them. If I stain them, they eventually get old looking, and
if I carpet them, then when it rains/snows, all the moisture on shoes is
tracked into my home.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do to spruce up my front
steps.

I had a builder over the other day, and asked him if Trex decking could
be put over the redwood boards. He said yes, but that he recommended
Rhino decking over Trex.

Does anyone have any comments on Trex vs. Rhino.

Thanks everyone.

Corinne

Joey April 27th 06 01:32 AM

Rhino Decking

Corinne wrote:
I have two steps at my back door made out of redwood. It remains in
beautiful condition as it is covered by my patio roof.

My front steps, also made out of redwood, don't look as nice as I would
like to see them. If I stain them, they eventually get old looking, and
if I carpet them, then when it rains/snows, all the moisture on shoes is
tracked into my home.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do to spruce up my front
steps.

I had a builder over the other day, and asked him if Trex decking could
be put over the redwood boards. He said yes, but that he recommended
Rhino decking over Trex.

Does anyone have any comments on Trex vs. Rhino.

Thanks everyone.

Corinne

Corinne,

Have you seen the new synthetic decking materials at Lowes/HD that will
never rot or hold water or need staining/painting ?

Corinne April 27th 06 08:34 AM

Rhino Decking

No I have not, but I will definitely check it out.

It was my impression that this is what Rhino decking is all about as well.

Thanks so much.

Corinne