Posted to alt.home.repair
Corinne

Default Rhino Decking

I have two steps at my back door made out of redwood. It remains in
beautiful condition as it is covered by my patio roof.

My front steps, also made out of redwood, don't look as nice as I would
like to see them. If I stain them, they eventually get old looking, and
if I carpet them, then when it rains/snows, all the moisture on shoes is
tracked into my home.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do to spruce up my front
steps.

I had a builder over the other day, and asked him if Trex decking could
be put over the redwood boards. He said yes, but that he recommended
Rhino decking over Trex.

Does anyone have any comments on Trex vs. Rhino.

Thanks everyone.

Corinne