Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why does my freezer require a dedicated circuit?

I recently bought a small 7.2 cu ft chest freezer. According to the
documentation, it uses 1.6 amps at 120VAC, so it's not exactly a pig
(the energy sticker says $23/yr). I'm confused by the fact that the
instructions state that it requires a dedicated circuit. What is the
reason for that?