Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed H. Ed H. is offline

Default Why does my freezer require a dedicated circuit?

Maybe it's so you don't have another device on the same circuit that could
trip the breaker (or blow the fuse) and cause the freezer to loose power
(that could get ugly if not noticed in time).

"Mike Hartigan" wrote in message
.net...
I recently bought a small 7.2 cu ft chest freezer. According to the
documentation, it uses 1.6 amps at 120VAC, so it's not exactly a pig
(the energy sticker says $23/yr). I'm confused by the fact that the
instructions state that it requires a dedicated circuit. What is the
reason for that?