Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 1/4 acre of land seeded.

I just had tree stumps removed from a 1/4 acre of my land. I was wondering
what a decent price would be to have that land :

Regraded
filled with 3 loads of topsoil
seeded
limed
fertilized
mulched ?

my first estimate was around $4000. seems pretty high.. no?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"john" wrote in message
I just had tree stumps removed from a 1/4 acre of my land. I was wondering
what a decent price would be to have that land :

Regraded
filled with 3 loads of topsoil
seeded
limed
fertilized
mulched ?

my first estimate was around $4000. seems pretty high.. no?

Depends on location and access, and what quality of turf you want. If it is
right by road and hydroseeding is good enough, that is high. If this is a
future house spot in the middle of trees, without a real driveway, and
involves lots of bobcat and hand work, it might be a fair price. Distance
from landscape company yard makes a difference, too. Any given area, there
are usually only 2 or 3 companies willing to do small jobs like that- get
estimates from the ones near you, and see how they fall out.

aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

thanks Aem. Appreciate the response.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Just because the contractor hires illegal aliens doesn't mean that
they will pass the savings along to you. Shop around and find one
that does.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 9 May 2007 18:50:02 -0400, "john"
wrote:

I just had tree stumps removed from a 1/4 acre of my land. I was wondering
what a decent price would be to have that land :

Regraded
filled with 3 loads of topsoil
seeded
limed
fertilized
mulched ?

my first estimate was around $4000. seems pretty high.. no?

Doesn't seem excessive to me.
How much to just fill the holes and grade?