Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE Silicon II forver to cure

Before you buy any silicone adhesive, note the expiry date on the base.
They have short lives, and staying sticky is typical of adhesive beyond the
"use by" date. You may have bought old stock.
I find GE silicone extremely useful, but buy it only in small quantities due
to the short shelf life. I tend to use the squeeze tubes, as they are easy
to reuse, reseal, and are great for small jobs. Also, the tube is plastic
vs cardboard cartridges, so the product stays fresher.
Roger

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 6 May 2007 13:45:07 -0700, "Roger"
wrote:

Before you buy any silicone adhesive, note the expiry date on the base.
They have short lives, and staying sticky is typical of adhesive beyond the
"use by" date. You may have bought old stock.
I find GE silicone extremely useful, but buy it only in small quantities due
to the short shelf life. I tend to use the squeeze tubes, as they are easy
to reuse, reseal, and are great for small jobs. Also, the tube is plastic
vs cardboard cartridges, so the product stays fresher.
Roger

I have had pretty good luck using the carttridge cap and then wrapping
the nozzle and cap tightly with electrical tape.

I think it might help also to cap the squeeze tubes as soon as
possible, right away, after squeezing some out.