Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help on new front door and company POWER WINDOWS AND SIDING

We are looking at replacing the old wooden door on our 70 year old house.
We got one quote from a company called POWER WINDOWS AND SIDING,
recommending a steel door. Any experience with the company? Any
thoughts on what's a recommended door for a northeast climate? What
should I expect to pay installed? How are Home Depot, Lowes, Sears? Any
recommendations greatly appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Michael Muderick wrote:
We are looking at replacing the old wooden door on our 70 year old
house. We got one quote from a company called POWER WINDOWS AND
SIDING, recommending a steel door. Any experience with the company? Any
thoughts on what's a recommended door for a northeast climate? What
should I expect to pay installed? How are Home Depot, Lowes,
Sears? Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Finding a good local contractor is the hard part. Ask around of
friends, neighbors and co-workers. Let the contractor help lead you on the
final choice of the door.

Steel doors are good doors. They require little maintenance and are not
expensive. They don't have the great looks of some other doors, but they
can look good. My next front door will likely be fiberglass. They tend to
be more expensive, but the material allows for a better looking low
maintenance door.

Again, the most important part of the equation is the contractor. Sorry
I know nothing of the company you noted.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

Michael Muderick wrote:
We are looking at replacing the old wooden door on our 70 year old
house. We got one quote from a company called POWER WINDOWS AND
SIDING, recommending a steel door. Any experience with the company? Any
thoughts on what's a recommended door for a northeast climate? What
should I expect to pay installed? How are Home Depot, Lowes,
Sears? Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

As an addition. If you do decide on Power.... Get some references from
prior customers and check them out to make sure they are happy with their
work several years after the install.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit