DaveR

Default Roof, Siding, Windows ... one contractor?

Our house needs new windows, siding (or paint) and probably a roof (no
sign of leaks but it is sagging and is about 20 years old).

I am wondering if it makes sense to try to do all these things at once
through the same contractor in order to get a price break and single
point of contact.

Or, is it better to look for contractors who specialize in each of
these areas?
Art

If you can find a good home improvement guy then I would have him do it
though it might cost a bit more. Hopefully he uses the same subs every time
so gets better prices than you can and therefore he earns his percentage.
By the way, the most important thing in your projects is proper flashing.
You might visit the Pella window site and read their installation
instructions to see how important flashing can be. Great windows poorly
installed are worthless.

"DaveR" wrote in message
news
Our house needs new windows, siding (or paint) and probably a roof (no
sign of leaks but it is sagging and is about 20 years old).

I am wondering if it makes sense to try to do all these things at once
through the same contractor in order to get a price break and single
point of contact.

Or, is it better to look for contractors who specialize in each of
these areas?

Siding Rotting on Roof at Chimney [email protected] Home Repair 6 September 27th 05 03:24 PM
Replacing windows on Older Stone House Rob Home Repair 1 July 22nd 05 07:45 PM
roof windows Zipadee Doodar UK diy 1 June 1st 05 07:25 PM
URGENT: A contractor situation -- Recess installation of Tub + "Lawyer?" Blume Home Repair 2 August 23rd 03 09:44 PM
[OT] Car insurance craziness The Q UK diy 173 August 2nd 03 10:58 PM