Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pool Filter Catridge

I went to a national pool store (Leslie) and was looking at their Hayward
C1200 filter catridge. They priced it at $95.00 and I asked the guy that HD
sells the same size catridge for $67.50 why the price difference?

He said their's is better and HD is junk. Now a filter is a fllter is a
filter right? They are both the same size designed for the same filter. I
really do not see the difference.

Is there any merit to what he said?

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair

"MiamiCuse" writes:

I went to a national pool store (Leslie) and was looking at their Hayward
C1200 filter catridge. They priced it at $95.00 and I asked the guy that HD
sells the same size catridge for $67.50 why the price difference?

He said their's is better and HD is junk. Now a filter is a fllter is a
filter right? They are both the same size designed for the same filter. I
really do not see the difference.

Is there any merit to what he said?

No a Hayward cartridge is a Hayward cartridge unless HD is selling
something off brand.

Leslie isn't too bad, the sales people are pretty knowledgeable
at the one I go to. Seems like the smaller the store, the better
the sales people.

Anyway real Hayward at $59.99+8.54(NJ) he

http://www.wagglepop.com/stores/Disc...D=409942&data=

and you don't have to leave the house.
Posted to alt.home.repair

MiamiCuse wrote:
I went to a national pool store (Leslie) and was looking at their
Hayward C1200 filter catridge. They priced it at $95.00 and I asked
the guy that HD sells the same size catridge for $67.50 why the price
difference?
He said their's is better and HD is junk. Now a filter is a fllter
is a filter right? They are both the same size designed for the same
filter. I really do not see the difference.

Is there any merit to what he said?

MC

If the brand is the same, the part number is the same, then they are the
same thing.

New Pool Filter? Scott Townsend Home Repair 5 July 20th 06 01:19 AM
Sand Filter (Pool) PJ Home Repair 5 September 25th 05 06:36 PM
Need advice on a pool filter Danny Home Ownership 3 June 22nd 04 02:08 PM
Dirty water back in to pool from cartridge pool filter Jason Home Repair 0 August 18th 03 03:55 PM